Friday, October 29, 2010

Why I haven't posted in over a month

Why I haven't posted in over a month, you ask? Well, it's because I moved across the country...again. So, I am back in California. And when I got to California I had a whole slough of pictures that I was excited to edit and post and share, but then I took more pictures. At this point it all felt overwhelming as I was settling back in California and unpacking and looking for a job. But, one day I started to edit my HUGE pile of pictures. And everyday for a few days I worked at chipping away at these unedited photos. And then the other day I was cleaning up my storage space on my external hard drive and POOF all of my photos from 2010 were gone. Deleted. And gone.

Luckily, I had all the edited photos from 2010 in a different folder so I did manage to save my 2010 edited archive...except for about 150 photos that had been edited but not backed up. You know, because I wanted to finished editing all the pictures before backing them up. From now on, every time I leave Lightroom and I am exporting the edited pictures. It's a done deal. Anyway, included in the group of deleted and lost forever group where photos from my cousin's wedding and one of the most magnificent pumpkin patches in all of the United States. It had a corn maze that we did twice and got utterly lost in the first time. It had games, a petting zoo, a hay ride, a mini corn maze for childrens and a pick-your-own pumpkin patch with big wonderful orange pumpkins.

What is coming soon, however are pictures from my road trip from TN to CA (through KY, IL, MO, KS, OK, NM and AZ) and a day trip down to Big Sur on a beautifully drizzly day. Oh, and some photos from an apple orchard that we visited in Tennessee that didn't have any apples...

Hopefully there will be a new post in the next week :)

No comments: