Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I keep meaning to post

It's May 13th, which means it has been a week since I last posted. I have failed miserably at posting frequently. I hope that I can get back into the groove of things. Maybe this summer, hopefully this week.

There has been a ton on my mind. A lot of masticating on big issues. A lot of really thinking about life after SPU. A lot of making plans for this summer.

Firstly, I recently found out that I am going to Nicaragua this summer with Witness for Peace! I am super excited about this--mainly because it is Nicaragua and partly because I get to learn about fair trade, free trade and coffee farmers in the rural areas of Nicaragua. I am trying to stay a few extra days and explore Managua, but we shall see where the road leads. And secondly, I am interning with Monterey County this summer- I am not entirely sure what that is going to look like yet.

As for life after SPU, I have been really pondering whether to stay in Seattle for a bit or head back to California. I miss the weather, I miss the mentality-- I miss the weather. But, I know that I will really miss the friends that I have made here. Luckily that is a year from now! I have been finding out about a lot of really cool organizations up here in the Emerald City. Two of which are: FareStart and Washington CASH. FareStart provides job training and various other programs for the homeless by running a competitive Seattle restaurant and Washington CASH gives micro loans to people in the state of Washington. Neat-o, I say.

And of course lots of reading, picture taking, picture editing, picture re-editing and being a human has been going on.

Whew. Maybe life will slow down? Probably not.

No comments: