Thursday, February 25, 2010

Senioritis and then...




It has been incredibly hard for me to focus on anything regarding school lately. Everything around me is more interesting than the paper I should be writing or the reading I should be doing. It doesn't help either that I am at the awkward end-of-the-middle of Winter Quarter. That means that Spring Break is SO soon and my last quarter at SPU is to be upon me before I know it... and then summer, er, job hunting.

Yep, the beginning of my last quarter at good ol' Seattle Pacific University in only a few weeks away and I am feeling senioritis in a way that I have never felt it before. And as a friend pointed out to me earlier tonight, I get to experience "junioritis" and senioritis in the same year. LUCKY ME! Oh, and did I mention that Seattle is giving us a few snippets here and there of early spring-time weather. Torture is what all of this is, really.

I am excited about life after SPU and maybe that's why I am having such a hard time appreciating my last months in Seattle. I know that I will be leaving this city soon and since I am not one for good byes but rather for see-ya-laters, I wish I could just get up and go now. Where I end up God only knows. Nashville? Bay Area? We shall see where the doors are opened. Until then, I take the GRE this Saturday (yak) and then finals and then my last months in Seattle and then graduation and then...

No comments: