Saturday, October 4, 2008

Picture telling



I worked my butt off this summer and saved a chunk of money for one reason, and one reason only: to finally own a Nikon D60 for my very own. Then, I found myself in a whirlwind of travels; and just like any other epic state-jumping expedition, I found myself with a multitude of stories.



First, I hung out with friends in backyards and in rivers in good 'ol Washington state.



And then I was off to Denver where I went to concerts and ate Mexican food with 3 boys and 1 girl that, I guess, are kind of cool.



Sadly, I had to leave Denver behind. Luckily, I had a sunny and energetic destination ahead: San Diego.



I got to see the beach and dogs, all at once.



And of course, I went to the San Diego Zoo and had a heyday with my new camera and the beasts.


During all of my travels with my new camera, I came to realize that my writing doesn't stand a chance when compared to my photography. This may be true because I am terrible at telling stories, but I sure can picture-tell. My photographs can convey the mood and the atmosphere and the setting of any story in a way that my vocabulary simply cannot. So here is to picture-telling.

No comments: